August 3, 2008

I'm Happy Just To Dance With Me

I just realized I was being watched doing what I would describe as a Salsa Shuffle. I was getting my groove on to Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys when I sauntered over to the window sill to see a Polo-shirted young man staring at me. I did a 180 and flopped down on my butt and closed the curtains. He is probably still there. What is he doing there anyway?

Bonus dance recounting:
I've been sick for four or five days now. Congested, laryngitis, a bit of a cough but not miserable. I think I'm on a common cold high. I was dancing like crazy today! I took out my old boom box recently. It used to get left outside and still has Pine pollen inside the speakers. It's much better than my newer fancier stereo. The newer fancier one cuts out if it is turned up too loud and has a mind of it's own when it comes to deciding when to work again.

Anywho, The Offspring's Keep 'Em Separated was on the radio. It's one of those songs that I forget about and am surprised to realize I know the lyrics. It got me moving and pumped me up to put on Sloan's Navy Blues. (Which has been called one of Canada's greatest albums, rightfully so.) I started feverishly strutting up and down the room like Mick Jagger to She Says What She Means. A little bit later I got a nice slow burn on to Sinking Ships and was re-energized and bouncing around, emulating a young Anthony Kiedis to Keep On Thinkin' -- one of my favourites.

Go ahead and skip to 1:30. Note: Chris sans glasses, energetic Jay

Oh, and of course the title inspiration:

I hope this makes up for my ten day absence. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment