July 18, 2008

Rhinoplasty

So I've been looking into rhinoplasty. I can't afford it, but my face sure can. Seriously though, I've looked at dozens of before and afters and I honestly haven't seen any noses wider than mine. Longer sure, there's plenty of boner noses but no brotherman novelty-width noses. The tip of your nose isn't supposed to be wider than your thumb, is it? I definitely know you shouldn't be able to fit two fingers up each nostril but I can. It gets the job done quicker.











Congratulations! Your new nose looks great!

This isn't a laughing matter. Let's get one thing straight. I don't have low self esteem. I have no self esteem. There's a big difference. Almost as big as my nose. I also don't have body dysmorhpic disorder. My nose is large. It's a fact. Another thing I noticed was that in the before pictures you couldn't see up the person's nose without trying. I am guilty of that. You should see me when I frown.

Many a times I've tried to convince my Mom to punch me in the face or my Dad to veer off the road and get into a serious accident to no avail. Even now as I look at pictures of me as a baby and a young child I notice it. Big blue eyes, sure, but the nose of a full-grown black man. I feel like Angela Chase. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll grow up to be just like Claire Danes. Blonde and super-skinny. Like rib-cage-instead-of-cleavage skinny. Maybe, just maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment